Hey Thrill Seekers,
This year we’ve had tons of fun posting about all the amazing new attractions opening in Orlando this year, today it’s the turn of Disney’s offering, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train scheduled to open in Spring 2014.
Yesterday Dave Minichiello, creative director at Magic Kingdom where the new coaster will be found took part in a live chat via the disney website. Within the chat Dave revealed some of the exciting features of this family roller coaster including this great video which compares onboard footage of the attraction side-by-side with an original CGI onboard that was created early on in the attraction’s development.
The live chat lasted just over an hour, so instead of listing the whole chat I thought I’d briefly outline the highlights.
- “The queue has a surprise song in it that was originally written for the film called ‘Music In Your Soup’” – Imagineer Dave Minichiello
- There will be an interactive area of the Seven Dwarfs queue where guests can sort and wash jewels & enter the vault from Snow White.
- Height requirements 38 inches
- Will be available to pre-book via My Magic Plus
- Well, each mine train is very unique and we wanted to make them look like they were used in different times. When you see the vehicles themselves, there’s a lot of layering to them. While you go to the mine and there’s a lot of rustic wood and wood graining throughout the attraction, some of the wood carving is something you seen in the film and we’ve picked that up. The scale and the character of everything around you starts to go into the dwarfs’ world.