Hey Thrill Seekers,
Epcot International Festival of the Arts is returning for a 39 day celebration of visual, culinary and performing arts from all over the world. It starts on the 18th January and ends on the 25th February, offering activities and entertainment for the entire family.
Plus new for 2019 guests can sing along to their favourite Disney Broadway songs throughout Disney on Broadway Concert Series where each week , different pairs of Disney Broadway stars use the America Gardens Theatre Stage to sing tunes from award winning Broadway productions. There will be daily showings at 17:30, 18:45 and 20:00 and the lineup will rotate regularly and feature music from the likes of The Lion King, Frozen and Beauty & the Beast.
- Kerry Butler (“Beauty and the Beast”) and Kevin Massey (“Tarzan”)
- Meredith Inglesby (“The Little Mermaid”) and Steve Blanchard (“Beauty and the Beast”)
- Arielle Jacobs and Adam Jacobs (“Aladdin”)
- Heidi Blickenstaff (“Freaky Friday”) and Gavin Lee (“Mary Poppins”)
- Ashley Brown (“Mary Poppins”) and Josh Strickland (“Tarzan”)
- Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White (“The Lion King”)
There is no extra cost for the concert series but you can get reserved seating by booking a dining package at a participating restaurant!
Of course it wouldn’t be an Epcot Festival without tonnes of scrumptious food and Epcot International Festival of the Arts will not dissappoint with their 13 Food Studios, plus other creative offerings.
Drop by The Artist’s Table for beef wellington with mushroom bordelaise, fennel cream and roasted baby vegetables, or enjoy smoked salmon and cream gâteau with egg yolk cream, paddlefish caviar and micro-herbs at The Painter’s Palate. Pop Eats! will serve up almond frangipane cake with raspberry and chocolate, while red wine-braised short rib with parsnip purée, broccolini, baby tomatoes and aged balsamic will be available at Cuisine Classique.
Guests will also find activities to the inspire artists of all ages. Here are a few fun highlights:
- Everyone’s invited to grab a paintbrush and help create a wall mural along World Showcase Plaza.
- At the Artful Photo Opportunities, you can step inside masterworks of art and take photos with friends.
- The Paint with a Disney Artist program invites guests to learn under the tutelage of a professional (offered select Fridays and Sundays, including continental breakfast, for an additional fee).
- Performing artists are scheduled throughout the festival, demonstrating gravity-defying feats of strength, acrobatics and many other skills.
- International musical and variety acts will share their talents with guests, including the return of Bodh’aktan to the Canada stage and Delta Q, a new group performing in Germany.
- Guests can join in the fun of Figment’s Brush with the Masters Scavenger Hunt by purchasing a map at select merchandise locations.
- A variety of workshops led by professionals will teach different artistic techniques, such as floral design, ink and paint, mixed-media art and more (offered Friday-Monday for an additional fee). As a memento of what they learn, guests will take their creations home with them. Details on workshop registration will be released soon.
- Complimentary 30-minute seminars will give guests helpful instruction for producing their own artwork at home.
Remember It starts on the 18th January and ends on the 25th February!