Hey Thrill Seekers,
So the name for the new wooden roller-coaster at Fun Spots Kissimmee location has recently been revealed as ‘Mine Blower’ which gives us the impression that it is a ride that ‘blows minds’ and maybe themed around mine carts, what do you think?
The ride is due to open in summer 2017 and we do not yet know what the carts are going to look like but my guess is something like the Donkey Kong mine carts 😉
Here are some cool facts about the upcoming coaster..
- Maximum bank angle is 115 degrees
- It is going to be 2256 ft long
- There are 11 different air times
- Top speed is 48.5 mph
- There is a 360 Barrel Roll ( You are going upside down, on a Wooden Roller Coaster!)
- The first drop is 80.5 feet – that’s like 5 large giraffes stacked on top of each other..
It is the only wooden roller-coaster in Southeast United States that will feature a 360 degree barrel roll!
Mine Blower has been designed by the Ohio-based coaster design firm Gravity Group. Gravity Group built the first wooden coasters in China and the Voyage coaster at Holiday World in Indiana, which has been ranked as the best wooden coaster for 5 years in a row! This surely means that Mine Blower is going to be an amazing contribution to Fun Spot Kissimmee and one for true thrill seekers!
Don’t forget that admission into Fun Spot is FREE and you can purchase your unlimited armbands here.