Morning Thrill Seekers,
While we were out reviewing SeaWorld’s Antarctica Empire of the Penguin, Universal were announcing a launch of their own. Although its taken some time, Universal has been committed to expanding their Simpsons area and finally this project it taking shape with the introduction of some themed restaurants.
Here’s what Universal had to say;
Springfield is coming to Universal Orlando Resort! An all-new Simpsons-themed area will open at Universal Studios Florida this summer – allowing guests to step into the world of The Simpsons like never before.
It will be the only place in the world where you can walk the streets of Springfield, grab a Krusty-certified meat sandwich at Krusty Burger, go nuts for donuts at Lard Lad, imbibe at Moe’s Tavern and more! Plus there will be Duff Beer – brewed exclusively for Universal Orlando – and a new attraction called Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl that will take you “foolish humans” on an intergalactic spin designed to send you into orbit!
At the moment we are being told that parts of Fast Food Boulevard are open including Moe’s Tavern and Krusty Burger.
Springfield wouldn’t be complete without Moe’s Tavern and fans of the cartoon will be delighted to see the detail that has gone into making Moe’s come to life… an example… Duff Beer! Yep Duff! Available in regular, lite and dry Moe’s will offer a real alcoholic version of Homers favourite beverage.
Other drinks available will include;
- Mount Swartzwelder Apple Drink made up of apple juice, lemonade and tea – $3.99
- Groovy Grove Juice made up of orange juice and lemonade – $3.99
- Mr. Teeny made up of lemonade and pineapple juice – $3.99
- Flaming Moe (which unlike the cartoon is nonalcoholic) is a citrus drink which uses dry-ice to create the smoke effect depicted in the cartoon – $7.99
- Duff Beer will be charged at $6.50
Krusty Burger named after the enigmatic Clown is a fast food joint which serves the following;
- Krusty Burger (6 oz. burger with secret sauce, cheddar cheese sauce, tomato, and lettuce) – $9.99
- Clogger Burger (Krusty Burger with an extra patty, and bacon) – $12.99
- Mother Nature Burger (6 oz. black bean burger with guacamole and tomato) – $10.99
- The Ribwich (boneless barbecue ribs topped with coleslaw) – $11.99
- Sideshow Bob Foot Long (foot-long Nathan’s hot dog with chili, cheddar sauce, coleslaw and onion) – $8.99
- Heat Lamp Dog (six-inch Nathan’s dog) – $7.99
All sandwiches served with Kurly Fries. Applesauce or fruit may be substituted as a side upon request at all restaurants.
Mmmmmm….Simpsons…. (said in a Homer way)
Looks like Universal aren’t just solely concentrating on the launch of Transformers or next years Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion but are looking to offer their visitors even more choice. I for one can’t wait to try a Krusty Burger washed down with a Duff Beer at Moe’s!