Afternoon Thrill Seekers,
Seems a bit strange for me to be writing about Universal proposed Springfield development on the day that Transformers the Ride officially opens but hey, I write about the information I receive regardless.
Scheduled to be opening this summer, the Springfield expansion will replicate the fictional town from The Simpson’s and will be located opposite the 3-D ride. During a media tour yesterday Mike West, an executive producer with Universal Creative told us a few more interesting tid bits.
- There will be a new ride introduced called Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl, will feature cars travelling in a circle as guests take aim at targets and tentacles. The purpose of which is to help Kang & Kodos “attack Springfield,” and direct hits will get a “vocal response” from characters, West says. The ride has 12 cars that can seat up to three people.
- There will be several photo ops with characters from Springfield, including Duffman, Chief Wiggum, Barts mate Milhaus plus the statue of Jebediah Springfield.
- Bumblebee Man’s Taco Truck, parked on the Animal Actors end of Springfield, will be 30 feet long, with “Ay Yi Yi!” painted on the side along with a three-dimensional representation of Bumblebee Man’s head, sporting a 14-foot “antennae span.”
- Lard Lad will be a walk-up shop for pastry and fronted by a statue of its namesake, which will be taller than the Optimus Prime figure displayed at the new Transformers ride.
- Duff Brewery will allow folks to try Duff Light and Duff Dry. Flaming Moes, which have debuted in Springfield’s Fast Food Boulevard, will be there, along with a selection of bar food. The brewery will be fronted by the Seven Little Duffs topiary.
- A VIP seating area is incorporated for viewing of Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular, but it will be available to all guests during the day.
So there we have it some interesting bits directly from Universal. What do you think, are you excited about the Simpsons expansion?