Universal Studios Florida is located in Orlando and is one of the parks that make up the Universal Orlando Resort along with Islands of Adventure and CityWalk.
The park is very much themed around movies and encourages users to “ride the movies”
In 2009 Universal Studios Florida attracted 5.4 Million visitors making it the 9th most visited theme park in America.
Universal Studios Florida features six themed areas all situated around a large lagoon. This lagoon is home to Universal 360: A Cinesphere Spectacular, a seasonal fireworks display that showcases scenes from various Universal films, featuring lasers, projectors and fireworks. The six surrounding themed areas, clockwise from the entrance, are Production Central, New York, San Francisco/Amity, World Expo, Woody Woodpecker’s Kidzone and Hollywood. Each area features a combination of rides, shows, attractions, character appearances, dining outlets and merchandise stores.
The Six Lands are
- Production Central Blue Man Group Sharp Aquos Theatre • Donkey’s Photo Finish • Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit • Jimmy Neutron’s Nicktoon Blast • Shrek 4-D • The Universal Music Plaza Stage
- New York The Blues Brothers Show • Delancey Street Preview Center • Revenge of the Mummy: The Ride • Twister…Ride it Out
- San Francisco/Amity Beetlejuice’s Rock and Roll Graveyard Revue • Disaster!: A Major Motion Picture Ride…Starring You!Fear Factor Live • Jaws
- World Expo Men in Black: Alien Attack • Roboasis • The Simpsons Ride
- Woody Woodpecker’s Kidzone Animal Actors on Location • Curious George Goes to Town • A Day in the Park with Barney • E.T. Adventure • Fievel’s Playland • StarToons: 80’s Rewind • Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster
- Hollywood Lucy: A Tribute • Mel’s Drive-In Concert • Terminator 2: 3-D Battle Across Time • Universal’s Horror Make-Up Show Lagoon Universal 360: A Cinesphere Spectacular