Hey Thrill Seekers,
Universal have just today released some more information about the 4th Celebration of Harry Potter which is taking place from 27th January to the 29th January 2017 and there’s some pretty cool stuff!
Following this years very successful 3 day celebration the January line up looks even better. I’ll get the coolest part out of the way first, which actors will be making guest appearances… Wawrick Davis who played Professor Flitwick and Griphook and Matthew Lewis who played Neville Longbottom in the series of films are going to be showing their faces. These are just two of the celebrity guests who will be taking park in Q&A sessions and signing autographs that have been named. There are more to be announced soon!
The Expo for next years celebration is going to be huge! Take a look below at some of the wicked stuff Universal have released that is going to be taking place.
- MinaLima: Graphic designers Miraphora Mina and Eduardo Lima recently finished production on the new feature film Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter:Fans will relive the magic through the eyes of the filmmakers who brought the Harry Potter film series to life.
- Harry Potter: The Exhibition: Are you a Gryffindor or a Slytherin? A Hufflepuff or perhaps a Ravenclaw? Find out at this experience.
- Scholastic: Celebrate Harry Potter at Scholastic’s booth by signing the “Muggle Wall” and testing your knowledge of the Harry Potter books at the Trivia Challenge. Fans will also be treated to a meet & greet and signing with Mary GrandPré, famed illustrator for the Harry Potter books.
- Pottermore: If you’re eager to discover more about J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World, Pottermore has a surprise in store for fans attending this year’s celebration.
- Audible: Bringing fans Audible Recall – the ultimate audio challenge that decides who knows the wizarding world inside-out and who has a bad case of the wrackspurts.
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Get a glimpse into the world of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and see images from the award-winning West End production.
- Google Daydream VR Experience – Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: With Daydream View, Google’s newly launched virtual reality headset, you can experience the magic of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them in VR. Wave a wand (via a Daydream controller) to solve puzzles and meet a few of the beasts in Newt’s case.
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment: A magical adventure awaits in the LEGO Dimensions experience, where you’ll be able to explore the Wizarding World and be the first to play as Hermione Granger! Guests will also be given the opportunity to participate in special giveaways and contests.
There is also going to be loads of interesting new demonstrations and cool panels which will really give potterheads a chance to see how some of the magic was brought to life in the films.
There will be a ‘Behind the Scenes: Harry Potter Film Talent Discussion’ which will enable guests to have an insight into what the set of the harry potter films was really like.
There is also said to be a ‘Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – Creating Creatures for the Harry Potter Films’ with Nick Dudman who is an award winning make-up effects and creature designer for motion pictures and Warwick Davis who plays Professor Flitwick and Griphook. This panel will see to a extremely interesting discussion into things such as: what went into creating creatures such as Buckbeak and Gringotts Goblins and you’ll even get to see some authentic models from the films.
You will even get to ‘Learn Wand Combat Skills with Paul Harris’ who is the films very own Wand Combat Chorographer so I would get practising your wand skills if I were you! Also don’t forget to do the Fan Art Walk where you will be able to add your own twist to a real art gallery which is going to be on display during the celebration.
There will also be loads of Harry Potter trivia so get revising 😉
Don’t forget that entrance into this annual event is free with your Universal tickets however access to some activities will be on a first come first served basis so be sure to get there early!