The Flight of the Hippogriff ride at Universals Island of Adventure in Orlando Florida is a family roller coaster found at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Pass by Hagrid’s hut and follow his instructions as you learn the proper way to approach a Hippogriff, which has the head of a giant eagle and the body of a horse.
Then it’s time to take a “training flight” aboard the Flight of the Hippogriff™, an enchanting family coaster woven from wicker and decorated with fluttering leaves representing feathers. Bow as you approach the ‘real’ Hippogriff, and then you’re spiraling and diving around the pumpkin patch, and swooping past Hagrid’s hut.
Height to ride – 36″
Top Speed – Family ride so not fast.
Height reached – Family ride so not high.
Attraction Tickets Review – A great ride for the family and young kids.
Dragon Challenge at Universals Islands of Adventure in Orlando Florida is located in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and was formally called Duelling Dragons.
Dragon Challenge consists of two roller coasters each consisting of a total different ride.
Height to ride – 54″
Top Speed – 55 mph
Height reached – 125 feet
Attraction Tickets Review – A real treat for the thrill seeker, even though you know your not going to clash with the other coaster, when you flying around at 55 mph you kind of think you will. Great ride, I couldn’t stop queuing.
You know those jumping bean rides for kids that give you a funny feeling in your belly? Well imagine one of those but 150 feet in the air! The initial launch at the beginning of the ride uses more thrust than a 747 jet engine and accelerates faster than the space shuttle. Doctor Doom’s Fearfall has two towers that each stand 200 feet tall.
Height to ride – 52″
Top Speed – Its a drop ride so pretty hard to estimate.
Height reached – 150 feet
Attraction Tickets Review – A heart stopping scream-a-thon. Loved the suspense just before take off. Shame it doesn’t last longer.
Island’s of Adventure Universal Orlando is an action packed adventure for all those whohave an imagination.
Join the battle of good versus evil above the streets of Marvel Super Hero Island®. Get splash happy with your favorite cartoon characters in the water rides of Toon Lagoon®. Come face to face with the dinosaurs of Jurassic Park®. Venture through the mists of time as you experience the epic adventures of The Lost Continent®. And step right into the pages of the children’s books of Dr. Seuss in Seuss Landing™.
Islands of Adventures flag ship attraction is now the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Even in a global recession Theme Parks seem to have done ok.
Here are the Top 20 United States theme parks for 2009:
1. Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom: 17.2 million +1.0%
2. Disneyland: 15.9 million +8.0%
3. Epcot: 11.0 million +0.5%
4. Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 9.7 million +1.0%
5. Disney’s Animal Kingdom: 9.6 million +0.5%
6. Disney’s California Adventure: 6.1 million +9.5%
7. SeaWorld Orlando: 5.8 million -6.8%
8. Universal Studios Florida: 5.4 million -12.0%
9. Islands of Adventure: 4.5 million -13.8%
10. Universal Studios Hollywood: 4.3 million -6.0%
11. SeaWorld San Diego: 4.2 million -12.6%
12. Busch Gardens Tampa: 4.1 million -12.3%
13. Knott’s Berry Farm: 3.3 million -6.5%
14. Canada’s Wonderland: 3.2 million -6.5%
15. Kings Island: 3.0 million -4.0%
16. Cedar Point : 2.9 million -8.0%
17. Busch Gardens Williamsburg: 2.9 million +3.7%
18. Hersheypark: 2.8 million -1.2%
19. Six Flags Great Adventure: 2.6 million -4.6%
20. Six Flags Magic Mountain: 2.5 million -2.5%
(tie) Six Flags Great America: 2.5 million -6.3%
And the Top 20 theme park worldwide:
1. Magic Kingdom
3. Tokyo Disneyland: 13.6 million -4.5%
4. Disneyland Paris: 12.7 million +0.4%
5. Tokyo DisneySea: 12 million -4.0%
7. Disney’s Hollywood Studios
8. Disney’s Animal Kingdom
9. Universal Studios Japan: 8.0 million -3.6%
10. Everland (South Korea): 6.2 million -6.5%
11. Disney’s California Adventure
12. SeaWorld Orlando
13. Universal Studios Florida
14. Ocean Park (Hong Kong): 4.8 million -4.6%
15. Nagashima Spa Land (Japan): 4.7 million +1.1%
16. Hong Kong Disneyland: 4.6 million +2.0%
17. Islands of Adventure
(tie) Yokohama Hakkeijima Spa Paradise: 4.5 million -0.7%
19. Universal Studios Hollywood
20. Lotte World (South Korea): 4.3 million +0.6%