Hey Thrill Seekers,
Merlin Entertainment don’t mess around, first they opened up LEGOLAND Florida at the old Cypress Grove location then they add a Water Park on to it, then announce plans to build a hotel and now their confirming more information about I-Drive 360!
I-Drive 360! will be home to three attractions aimed at offering more choice to Florida visitors, the Orlando Eye (similar to the London Eye), Madame Tussauds and SEA LIFE Orlando will all be open from 2015. Today Merlin offered more information about each project, below are some bullet points we were able to confirm.
The Orlando Eye
- The Orlando Eye will be the tallest observation wheel on the North American East Coast. It will weigh about 3,000,000lbs.
- The Orlando Eye will rise 400 feet and will have 30 unique, air-conditioned capsules!
- The Orlando Eye rises so high that riders will be treated to views of attractions, downtown, and even Kennedy Space Center on a clear day!
- Before boarding the observation wheel, riders will watch a 4D film with fireworks, wind, scents, and lighting!
- The Orlando Eye should be assembled by November 2014 and should be ready for riders in Spring of 2015.
Madame Tussauds Orlando
- Guests will have the opportunity to interact and touch all of the wax figures!
- We can confirm that some of the themed zones within Madame Tussauds will be A-list party, Sport, and Music History!
- Our figures typically take 3-4 months to make and require a team of around 20 skilled artists!
- SEA LIFE Orlando will feature over 5,000 creatures including sharks, sea turtles, jellyfish, octopus, rays, and seahorses!
- SEA Life Orlando will feature a 360 degree underwater ocean tunnel! Marine conservation is at the heart of what we do.
- We take a three-pronged approach to conservation—Breed, Rescue, Protect.
- SEA LIFE Orlando will span 25,000 square feet and feature an interactive touch pool experience as well a children’s soft play area!
As we get more information I’m continue to update the blog.