You know those jumping bean rides for kids that give you a funny feeling in your belly? Well imagine one of those but 150 feet in the air! The initial launch at the beginning of the ride uses more thrust than a 747 jet engine and accelerates faster than the space shuttle. Doctor Doom’s Fearfall has two towers that each stand 200 feet tall.
Height to ride – 52″
Top Speed – Its a drop ride so pretty hard to estimate.
Height reached – 150 feet
Attraction Tickets Review – A heart stopping scream-a-thon. Loved the suspense just before take off. Shame it doesn’t last longer.
The amazing adventures of Spider-man ride is located in the Islands of Adventure part of Universal Orlando, Florida.
The Spider-man ride is a 3D, live special effects extravaganza. Which once sampled will leaving you wanting more.
Ever wanted to be Spider-man? Well this is truly the closest you will ever come. Spider-man was the first ever combination of moving, motion-based ride vehicles, 3-D film and live action.
Height to ride – 40″
Top Speed – Its not about speed its about 3D
Height reached – Not really reached but you do drop a simulated 400 feet
Attraction Tickets Review – When I was told about this ride I imagined those rubbish rocking simulators at poor theme parks, this however is nothing like that. Its a thrill from start to finish, when an explosion takes place you feel the heat, when you “fall” I defy you not to put your hands out to break your fall and when you swing with Spider-man you’re truly a superhero. I loved this ride.
Island’s of Adventure Universal Orlando is an action packed adventure for all those whohave an imagination.
Join the battle of good versus evil above the streets of Marvel Super Hero Island®. Get splash happy with your favorite cartoon characters in the water rides of Toon Lagoon®. Come face to face with the dinosaurs of Jurassic Park®. Venture through the mists of time as you experience the epic adventures of The Lost Continent®. And step right into the pages of the children’s books of Dr. Seuss in Seuss Landing™.
Islands of Adventures flag ship attraction is now the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
The Hulk ride at Island’s of Adventure universal studios transports you from sunny Orlando to the labroatory of Dr Bruce Banner. It is a front facing leg dangling ride of pure pace and power. You accelerate from zero to 40 mph in two seconds flat, with the force equal to that of a jet taking off an aircraft carrier. The world turns upside down as you experience a weightless “zero g” roll.
Height to ride – 56″
Top Speed – 67mph
Height reached – 150ft
Attraction Tickets Review – This was my favourite ride at Island’s of Adventure, the 0 to 40 mph start in the darkly lit tunnel was exhilarating and bursting out in to the bright sunshine gave your senses a bit of a shake before the coaster shakes your body. Highly recommended for the adrenaline junky. Rode it 5 times and it wasn’t enough.
Even in a global recession Theme Parks seem to have done ok.
Here are the Top 20 United States theme parks for 2009:
1. Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom: 17.2 million +1.0%
2. Disneyland: 15.9 million +8.0%
3. Epcot: 11.0 million +0.5%
4. Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 9.7 million +1.0%
5. Disney’s Animal Kingdom: 9.6 million +0.5%
6. Disney’s California Adventure: 6.1 million +9.5%
7. SeaWorld Orlando: 5.8 million -6.8%
8. Universal Studios Florida: 5.4 million -12.0%
9. Islands of Adventure: 4.5 million -13.8%
10. Universal Studios Hollywood: 4.3 million -6.0%
11. SeaWorld San Diego: 4.2 million -12.6%
12. Busch Gardens Tampa: 4.1 million -12.3%
13. Knott’s Berry Farm: 3.3 million -6.5%
14. Canada’s Wonderland: 3.2 million -6.5%
15. Kings Island: 3.0 million -4.0%
16. Cedar Point : 2.9 million -8.0%
17. Busch Gardens Williamsburg: 2.9 million +3.7%
18. Hersheypark: 2.8 million -1.2%
19. Six Flags Great Adventure: 2.6 million -4.6%
20. Six Flags Magic Mountain: 2.5 million -2.5%
(tie) Six Flags Great America: 2.5 million -6.3%
And the Top 20 theme park worldwide:
1. Magic Kingdom
3. Tokyo Disneyland: 13.6 million -4.5%
4. Disneyland Paris: 12.7 million +0.4%
5. Tokyo DisneySea: 12 million -4.0%
7. Disney’s Hollywood Studios
8. Disney’s Animal Kingdom
9. Universal Studios Japan: 8.0 million -3.6%
10. Everland (South Korea): 6.2 million -6.5%
11. Disney’s California Adventure
12. SeaWorld Orlando
13. Universal Studios Florida
14. Ocean Park (Hong Kong): 4.8 million -4.6%
15. Nagashima Spa Land (Japan): 4.7 million +1.1%
16. Hong Kong Disneyland: 4.6 million +2.0%
17. Islands of Adventure
(tie) Yokohama Hakkeijima Spa Paradise: 4.5 million -0.7%
19. Universal Studios Hollywood
20. Lotte World (South Korea): 4.3 million +0.6%